"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Monday, August 8, 2011

Refocused

Yes, refocusing once again. Wasn't this supposed to happen back in May? Whatever happened to my 'fitafterfitbloggin' pledge?
Let's just say I lost my way and found a few unwanted friends, approximately 8-10, along the way.
But who's counting?Me.
And you know why?
This is my first 'slide' in the wrong direction, since I began my lifestyle change in Jan. 2009. I'm scared.
And it is interesting that this change came about when I was holding steady at 148 lbs and thought maybe I should consider entering maintenance. I thought, 145 sounds like a good place to be. I like how I feel and how my clothes fit.
Then June & July hit. A little bit of work stress, schedule changes for the kids and there was 1-2 weeks where I split a beer with dh, or made myself a margarita and less than perfect food choices and voila-here I am. But this is where it stops.
I had a great final meeting with my coach approach coach Joanne. I am committed to taking the kids to the Y for free swim at least once/week and getting myself there for a class or some resistance training again once/week.
It's not a lot, but it's a start. And I refocused.

No comments:

Post a Comment