"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Curve ball

Well as life is want to do, it throws a curve ball every once in a while, just to make sure we are paying attention. Well I am paying attention, or at least I am now! We added a new addition to our family just yesterday. We adopted a friends Bearded Dragon named Scritch. We've never had a reptile before, so we're on a steep learning curve. It's like having a new baby in the house- on watch 24/7. But so far so good, we all seem to be adjusting. This is in part a birthday gift for my eldest daughter who turned 11 today (how did that happen?)

The end of the school year is always a hectic time. 5 days of school left for the kids, not that much changes once school is done. They'll go to summer camps, I'll still make them lunches, I'll go to work & then pick them up. Hopefully they'll have fun.

Work is a bit more stressful with lots of changes coming down the pike, but I'm trying to be open & accepting to it, rather than let it get me down.

Tomorrow is one week with the MyTrak. I've hit green everyday, so well see if it gets harder now that it has measured it's baseline. Since I'm not journaling my food, I'm going to let the recommended caloric intake slip for now.
And that's all for now, though here is a picture of Scritch

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment