"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chugging along

Now starting week two of the sit-up & squat challenges. Actually I'm on week 4 of the squat challenge and holey moley can I feel my quad muscles working! But I guess that confirms the fact that they are working, not slacking and as long as I keep using them- I should be good.
Eating has been mostly OP and I'm gearing up for a summer weight loss challenge. If I stick to it, I'm hoping to lose another 10 pounds.
It will take a lot of effort and keeping myself accountable to what I actually eat. Not sure if I want to go back to food logging, but it has been successful in the past.
Otherwidpse, I'm dealing with bouts of feeling completely exhausted. To the point where I sit down at dinner and nearly fall asleep. I'm not sure of the cause. I'm getting plenty of sleep (8 hours) though I feel I could always use more. Maybe I need more protein? I'll have to read marabout the ME(metabolic effect) diet. According to their little survey, I am a mixed burner- meaning I burn both sugar & muscle. Perhaps I'll tweak my diet per their recommendations and see what the results are.
Off to see how my abdominal muscles feel after day 1 week 2 of the sit-up challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment