"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Holding Steady

Steady as she goes. I've been in maintenance mode, not officially, but thats what it seems like. I'm conscious of what I'm eating, and I'm not always on plan (OP), but when I stray, I modify what I'm eating afterwards and not beating myself up for straying.
I've had a stressful week, since dh was away on business. Solo parenting is difficult when you're not accustomed to it. Kudos to all those moms who do it not by choice but by necessity on a daily basis! You are the unsung heros of this world.
But while being under more stress than usual, in the end it all seemed to work out well. Even today when we were under a raging blizzard this morning. Getting the kids to school was a challenge and then my daycare provider didn't think she could care for the kids today, so I had to phone in sick to work- first time in nearly 18 months of working there. Not bad if you ask me though the manager on duty seemed less than thrilled.
It's amazing how external forces dictate our moods for the day, they shift and change just like the tide coming in or going out. I'm noticing that as I become more confident, those external forces seem to have lessof an effect. It could be all in my head, but I think it's true. I guess it doesn't matter it its really happening or not, as long as I believe in it. And along with believing in myself and that this is the 'new' me and my new lifestyle then I can maintain and put my mind to do anything I want! (pep talk anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment