"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Friday, March 5, 2010

NSV's

For the longest time I didn't know what NSV stood for (for those not in the weight loss world it's non scale victory).
Today I've had both a scale victory & a non-scale victory.
First my scale victory since the scale has been on the move this week. I weighed in 160.2 lb this morning...0.2 lb away from my 50 lb lost mark! I'm guessing it's springtime and my body likes to start moving and that helps the metabolism kick into high gear.
Second, the non-scale victory. This morning the weather was gorgeous, sunny, just above freezing so I decided after I dropped the kids off to school I'd do a run. I haven't 'officially' run since October- or that was the last time I logged a run in Running Ahead. So I went and started jogging- with a goal of running 5k. And I did it- and in a decent time too- 33:42. I was shocked to say the least. I still have my cold hanging in there and so I was having trouble with excess snot. Mid-way through I wanted to stop running but I kept thinking about Mizfit who is running the half-marathon at Disneyworld this weekend and said- okay I can run 5k. What inspiration.
Can't wait to see what the scale holds for me tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment