"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Monday, November 2, 2009

It all began

It all began about 2 weeks ago.

The weather turned cooler. There was snow on the ground. And I volunteered to make Pumpkin Spice Cookies for the class Black & Orange celebration.

I'm a baker who likes to taste what she's making. 'One cookie won't hurt'. But who can stop at one? And after I plugged the ingredients into the recipe calculator at Spark People.com, the reality came shouting out loud & clear- each cookie has 90 calories, Aaaaaaarrrrgh!

So I'm guessing that's where the additional 5 lbs has come from. Monday is my official weigh-in day, as if Monday's weren't bad enough. I wish I could blame just the pumpkin cookies, but there are other culprits, like pumpkin bread, cherry porter, pizza and chips! Add in less exercise and a time change and you have instant weight gain. And just like in those TV info-mercials, if you call in the next 10 minutes we'll give you an additional 5 lbs absolutely free!
I need to stop this right now before I end up back where I started.

Official Stats:
Height 5'2"
Starting weight: 210
Weight last week: 168.0
Current weight: 173.6
Change: +5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment